Welcome to T.A.P!
Teacher Appreciation Program was founded by Jessica Marion in 2010. It didn't have a name at first, it was just a cause. After many years of hosting a special event for teachers during the week of National Teacher Appreciation Week, Jessica felt inspired to put a name on something she was passionate for. In 2017, Teacher Appreciation Program (T.A.P) was the name for this great organization that now has a board of five members. T.A.P is a Non Profit Organization located in the City of Arlington, Texas. The name Teacher Appreciation Program comes from a focus, an idea, and a cause put together. After a glimpse of the demand, we shifted our focus from just hosting yearly banquets to providing support and services to educators.
Jessica Marion was born and raised in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. She went to a public school for 12 years and was denied her high school diploma because of her of the state exam. Every year she took the test, she would always come up 2 points short. She decided to take her life because she didn't want to become a burden on society. She knew what education meant at an early age and do not have one, her life was destined for failure. Her algebra teacher spoke life into her and told her "Soar like the eagle she knew I was" She wound up getting her high school diploma 10 years later and learned she had a learning disability called Dyscalculia. (Sees numbers backward). Today Jessica is the founder of Teacher Appreciation Program (T.A.P.), Owner of the Teacher Resale Shop, and Owner of the Marion Child Care. She believes life is a journey, put one foot in front of the other and see what lies ahead.
T.A.P offers support in the following areas:
1. Life Skills Classes - Life skills are the skills we need to deal effectively with the challenges in everyday life, whether at school, at work, or in personal lives.
Some topics include (May Change):
1. Learning How To Learn
2. Building Self - Confidence
3. Getting Good Advice
4. Managing Your Time
5. Listening Actively
6. Making Connections
7. Thinking Creatively
8. Challenging Stereotypes
Life Skill Classes will each have a curriculum and will have a fee of $25 per person
2. Resume writing workshops - This workshop will offer ways to create an effective resume or improve the one you already have. We will offer step -by - step processes as will as provide detailed explanations while creating an effective resume.
Resume writing workshops are offered free of charge
3. Professional Development Training workshops - This workshop was designed to help engage, learn, and grow. We will give tools that may help you in your existing position, or you may be introduced to new skill sets that will position you for advancement or allow you to cross over into new career opportunities.
Professional Development Workshop will have a fee of $50 per person there is a group discount of 10 or more. Call for more details
4. Book Stipend Scholarships - We will award book stipend scholarships to children whose parent work for a Independent School District in the DFW area. In order to be approved for the scholarship a parent has to work full time as a educator whether living or deceased. Scholarships will be given out at our Teacher Appreciation Banquet in the second week of May. Applications will start on January 1st of each year.
5. Divorce Care for Kids - This is a recovery support group to help kids ages 5 - 12 years of age heal from pain caused by parent separation. Each meeting will be filled with motivation and exciting activities. Children will have fun playing games, crafts, role playing, and journal writings. Each group will have their own curriculum.
Divorce Care for Kids will have a fee of $10 per person
We operate by appointments only